Estate Planning Services Tailored To Meet Your Needs

What if my spouse never resided in North Carolina? Can I still file for divorce in North Carolina?

Yes. As long as you have resided in North Carolina for at least six months immediately prior to filing for divorce it does not matter that your spouse has never resided in North Carolina. However, you may not be able to file other claims against your spouse such as alimony, child support or equitable distribution. North Carolina Family Law Attorney John Fernandez can advise you whether you can file additional claims against your spouse in North Carolina.

Call the Law Office of John P. Fernandez if you have questions or need legal representation in a family law matter. John Fernandez is licensed to practice law in North Carolina. The laws of North Carolina may differ from other states and no information contained herein should be considered legal advice.

About John Fernandez

John P. Fernandez | Child Custody and Divorce Lawyer | Raleigh, NCAttorney John Fernandez works with North Carolina individuals and families who need advice or representation in estate planning and administration matters. John provides an in-depth analysis of each client’s needs and works toward reducing estate taxes, avoiding probate and ensuring that health care decisions are handled appropriately. John helps individuals with modest and large estates achieve their goals.


John P. Fernandez
Attorney at Law
9555 US Highway 15-501 North
Chapel Hill, NC 27517
(919) 601-5028

Estate Planning Services Tailored To Meet Your Needs

Copyright © 2018 John Fernandez Law. All rights reserved.   Disclaimers